Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Valentine's Day Gifts for Him

"Oh shit, Valentine's Day is coming up.  What should I get for my boyfriend??"

Basically the same last-minute question I ask myself every year.  Personally, I think his birthday or our anniversary are a bit more important, but I know I can't just skip over Valentine's Day!  So here are my top favorite gift/date ideas for those of us who want to make Valentine's Day special this year.
  1. Personalized Wallet

    Guys usually keep their wallet on them at all times, and they get worn out easily.  So buying him a sturdy one that will last a while can be a good gift idea on its own.  But why not take it a step further?  Visit a customization website and have it monogrammed with his initials.  Some sites to look into include:  Leatherology, Fossil, and of course, good ol' Etsy.
  2. Brewery Tour / Home Brew Kit

    A lot of local breweries offer tours where they teach you about their process and show you their crazy-impressive equipment (no innuendo intended).  See if you can schedule a date for a Valentine's Day weekend tour.  It'll definitely be something he'll remember.

    Alternatively, you could get him a home brew kit.  For his birthday, I got my boyfriend this kit, and he's super excited to get started.
  3. Something Techy

    If your boyfriend is really nerdy, or his phone just always seems to go dead at the worst possible times, consider getting him one of those new fandangled cordless charging stations.  Or, if he's into being clean (or if you want him to get into being clean), maybe buy him a smartphone sanitizer.
  4. Beard Care

    So, your boyfriend's a hipster with a big, fancy... BEARD.  Maybe he's been looking for new ways to take better care of this creature.  If that's the case, a beard care kit might be just what he's looking for.  Many of them come with fancy oils, shampoos, pomade, and combs to help him keep his face fur looking its finest.
  5. Breakfast Date

    If he's more of a foodie, treating him to a breakfast date can never go wrong!  Everyone loves breakfast!  Find out what his favorite diner is, make sure they're not packed for Valentine's day, and take him out for a big morning meal.  After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
  6. Industrial-Strength Socks

    Does your boyfriend get holes in his socks ALL. THE. TIME?!  Mine certainly does.  So I ventured into the world of industrial-strength socks, and bought him a pair for Christmas.  I told him that if he likes them, I would get him a few more (because they're expensive for socks, but they last forever).  I went with Darn Tough socks because a) they're made in America, right in Vermont, and b) they have a lifetime warranty where if they do somehow get a hole in them, you can return them for a full refund or exchange.  He was pretty impressed with his new socks.
So those are my favorite ideas for Valentine's Day this year.  And I know it's hard to shop for guys, but don't give up!  So if your boyfriend happens to mention something like, "I should get a new wallet" or "Why do all my socks keep getting holes in them?" that's your cue to start looking into a new and better option for him.

Good luck this Valentine's Day!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment