Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2017

Aerial Silks Class

For Christmas, my sister got me a Groupon to take an aerial silks class.  If you haven't heard of this, it's basically where there is this giant silk cloth hanging from the ceiling, and you wrap yourself up in it and do tricks.  It's really pretty, graceful, and can even be sexy.



I have taken pole dancing classes before (and I even have a pole in my room), and it was extremely hard, so I thought that the silks would be just as difficult, but I actually had an easier time with them.  I think the reason I found it a little easier was because with pole, I would have to use my own upper body strength (which is very limited) to pull and hold myself up.  But with aerial silks, I used the silk more than my own strength to hold my body up.


My teacher said showed me a few tricks and I caught on right away.  She even said that I was doing better than most newbies!  That was nice to hear!  The only thing I had a tough time with was climbing... I kept slipping!


So, I signed up for 8 weeks of classes so I can get more practice!  I'm so excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment