Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Three Hobbies

I found this image on Pinterest, and it really got me thinking about my purpose in life.



So, I thought I’d share it and talk a little about my personal hobbies and how I feel that they make my life a little better.


1.  A hobby to make you money

I’ve started making natural homemade cosmetics and cleaning supplies.  It’s much cheaper than buying makeup and shampoo and all the things I might need to keep a clean home.  Also, it’s better for my health because it’s natural.  Plus, they’re fun to make!  I enjoy shopping for the raw supplies and putting everything together and finding pretty bottles and containers to put everything in.  So, I’ve decided that I should start selling them.

This first point is kind of a two-fer, because I also like to make accessories.  I tend to lean toward the kind of jewelry and hair accessories that have studs and spikes and look a little outrageous.  Lately, I haven’t had much time to put things together though, with work and planning the move to California.  But handmade accessories are another hobby that I think could make me a little extra money.


2.  A hobby to keep you in shape

This one is a lot of fun:  I like pole dancing.  I know, kind of cliché and maybe a little desperate-sounding, but if you’ve never tried pole dancing, you’re missing out!  I installed a tension pole in my room a few months ago, and it’s the best thing I think I’ve ever done!  I also enjoy club/gogo dancing, but pole really is a genuine workout!


3.  A hobby to be creative

Music.  I love singing and playing piano.  If I’m being completely honest, my dream has always been to be a professional musician, playing huge concerts and the whole nine yards.  I know it’s a bit far-fetched, but in the meantime, I can always play and create music for fun.  It’s a great outlet for me, and it helps me get my thoughts and emotions out in a creative and productive way.  I’m still learning how to use amateur recording software and everything, but once I figure things out, I’m going to start posting to Sound Cloud.  I think you’ll like it.  ;)



Let me know what your three hobbies are and how they make you happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment