Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2017

DIY Skater Skirt

I've had this plain black skirt skirt for a long time, but it just never really looked right, so I never wore it.  So I decided to turn it into a cool skater skirt with straps.  :)

First, I put the skirt on, and I measured where the straps would go.


I cut two pieces of elastic to this length.  Then, I used chalk to mark where the straps would be going.  I put the chalk marks on the inside of the skirt, so they can't be seen when I'm wearing it.  Next, I flipped the skirt inside-out so I could sew the straps onto the inside.


Next, I used fabric glue to attach the elastic straps to the chalk markings.


Once that was dry, I put the skirt back on with the straps over my shoulders.  It still looked a little bare, so I decided to add one more strap.


I measured around my waist, about two inches above the top of the skirt, and I used chalk to mark the insides of the straps where I wanted this new strap to go.


I cut another piece of elastic to this length, and I used fabric glue to attach it to the inner sides of the shoulder straps.


Here is what the finished project looks like:



No comments:

Post a Comment